Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another ride is almost here.....

So my brother Steve and my Dad had planned on taking another motorcycle trip this year at the end of August. I decided at the last minute (last Thursday) to join in the fun and made my flight and motorcycle rental arrangements over the weekend. Now it's time to fly off to Illinois and hook up with Steve! I arrive on Friday, pick up my rental bike and then we head out on Saturday morning.

The plan is to meet up with Dad in Decatur, IL and drive down to Carbondale. Then we're taking the Great River Road down along the Mississippi and then following the Natchez Trace parkway all the way up to Nashville, TN. From there we'll ride the "Land between the Lakes" in Kentucky, go up through Southern Indiana and then head back to Illinois (parting ways with Dad who will head back to Ohio).

We estimate the trip at about 2100 miles, which we'll do in 7 days. I sure wish the entire Colorado gang could join us too, we had so much fun on that last trip :)

We'll try to keep you all updated with our daily ride reports along with pictures and "Steve-o-Vision" video.

No comments: